Is there a good way to wash toulle tu tu skirts?

I have 2 daughters who have multiple tutu styled skirts with tulle on them and I've tried everything to wash and dry them without the bottoms getting ratty and stuck together and in generally nasty looking...... does anyone have a trick , method or even a special detergent or softner they use to avoid that happening

asmama6706

Asked by asmama6706 at 10:14 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I think I wouldn't wash them. Just spot clean them with a wet rag and a little detergent.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:15 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You can spot clean them & then steam them in the bathroom - this also helps get wrinkles out.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 10:16 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I dont know what kind you have (handmade or store bought). My dd has several she wears to school which were store bought from childrens place and old navy. I wash them in the delicate cycle with woolite, and hand dry them.

Answer by gemgem at 10:36 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Dryel would be great for that.

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 10:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• thanks girls, I"ve hand washed them with liquid fabric softner but not the woolite so I might try that or the dryel. and the steaming them in the bathroom is a great idea too. I have some of both handmade and store bought and the problem with not washing the storebought ones are the linings . particularly my infant has one from gymboree and it has a silk lining and she had a diaper explosian all over it last night and I need to do something with it. but even the hand washing had left the others a little nappy so thanks for the advice
    asmama6706

Comment by asmama6706 (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Voctorias secret makes a detergent. i might try that. Hand washing is best IMO.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• handwashing or use woolite on delicate cycle
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 1:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i have no idea.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Ditto gemgem's suggestion ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 2:42 PM on Apr. 22, 2011