Congested & pregnant

I know that it's time for allergies, however I have never had them before. I have a sore throat and I am so congested and I have no idea what I should take. I just need some advice. I know some people will say see your doctor, however it is just allergies and honestly I do not have the money to go to the doctors.

annabelle092810

Asked by annabelle092810 at 10:15 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Call your Dr's nurse and ask what is SAFE to take. You dont have to go see the Dr to be told what is safe to take while preggo.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:16 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I was allowed to take a tylenol allergy pill i think,,, i would google it or look on some pregnancy websites they are very helpful.
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:17 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I just looked on babycenter.com, they say zyrtec singulair, sudafed, and benadryl were all safe, check for yourself before using them to be sure you are ok with it, Feel better!
    JenzAmomOf2

Answer by JenzAmomOf2 at 10:21 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Standard OTC antihistamines are usually safe--Benadryl, Chlortrimeton, Zyrtec, Claritin, and generic forms--and Sudafed (or generic) is fine, too. But use the Sudafed you have to get at the pharmacy counter (pseudoephedrine), NOT the PE stuff (phenylephrine).
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My doc said tylenol sinus na bendaryl were fine
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 12:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You could try a sinus rinse it is totally safe and very effective for rinsing out the pollen and the salt in it help to decrease the inflammation. I use it all the time for allergies, I hate the way the decongestants make me feel. If you are considering med speak with your Dr 1st since some are not safe during the early stage of pregnancy.

Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 20, 2011