Lost my job in sales/customer service economy killing me any ideas??

Have been in industrial sales/service for fifteen years, now company I worked for closed down because of the struggling economy! Bills still coming though I need a job NOW!! I would appreciate any ideas...service, billing, parts purchasing, customer service was my area of expertise :) Thank you in advance for your help! I can't work on commission single parent.

Asked by Anonymous at 4:46 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Money & Work

• Go online and access your local newspaper online, they usually have an online classified section for jobs. From there you can search on things you'd be qualified for.

Answer by prettyrayray at 4:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• There are sites online just search! Hot jobs and other sites to help you get another job! Here is two Good luck!

Answer by businesswife1 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Walmart is always hiring!! Any job is better than no job.

Answer by sk_tennyson at 5:35 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Try There are a good but of jobs there that you can work from home doing sales or customer service.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 5:56 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• where are you located? I own 2 mfging companies - looking for part time help - you can send me a message if you like.

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 6:58 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• has many customer service jobs you can do at home and none are sales jobs. They are all real weekly pay check jobs. No GPT scams or MLM. Just the security of a pay check.
    Just click REAL Work @ Home Jobs.

Answer by at 7:02 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• sk_tennyson, Wal-Mart is not hiring. And you are wrong, any job is not better than no job. If you have to make X amount to keep your home, but you are spending all your time working for much less without the time to look for a "Good Job" to provide for your family, that is not better. That is getting yourself in deeper.

Answer by at 7:04 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• lol... some "moms" on here crack me up. Well i do online surveys its not alot but its some. It helps with the bill... Look at my profile it gives some info.

Answer by ParkerMommy at 7:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Can you apply for unemployment while you look? You lost your job due to circumstances outside your control. Good luck.

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 7:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I moved and had to give up my day job back in October. If you can apply for Unemployment while you search it would be helpful. Also look on,,

I have a home business and am so so glad I do because of times like these. There are good ones out there. I am a single mom myself so I totally understand!

Answer by SFerber at 7:31 PM on Dec. 2, 2008