Do you feel that being a mom, you get the most ridiculed and judged?

I mean...if you're a SAHM you're doing something wrong, if you're a working mom you're doing something wrong.

You can't breastfeed without being ridiculed and you can't formula feed without being ridiculed. YOu can't go all natural during labor without being ridiculed or get drugs. You can't decided your child's education, their bedtime, their eating habits, their tv-watching habits without SOMEONE making a judgement call. The other day my friend's baby was crying cause he was tired, another woman in the restaurant we were eating in says there was something seriously wrong with him. He was just tired!!!

People are ridiculously judgemental and nosey.

Imogine

Asked by Imogine at 10:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• Yes! People are ALWAYS judging. And I find it more hysterical coming from women who haven't even had kids.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:27 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I dont feel that way, but then again I dont have feeling of persecution. Humankind is a judgmental lot. Ignore the haters.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:27 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• OMG..I understand completely. I agree. Craziness.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:27 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• oh yes!!!!! I'm feeling ya sister!!!!! my in laws don't think I should have any more babies because I hae complicated pregnancies. Neither should we homeschool because we should do it like they did.....and our friends thik we discipline our kids wrong ..... most of the older ladies at my church don't think I should breast feed and on and on......oh yes and did I mention I should get a job even though I would be workind soley to pay for child care since I have 3 children!!!!!!
    asmama6706

Answer by asmama6706 at 10:29 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Judge not..... but the general John/Jane Q. Public doesn't get that. I didn't breastfeed, it was my choice and I don't judge those who do. I work outside the home and have since my son was 3 mos old, I was a single mom and had NO choice, but I don't judge (okay maybe envy a little...lol) those SAHM's. I just sum it up to two things: IGNORANCE...and...MEAN PEOPLE SUCK!!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:29 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My mom hates that I use the time out form of punishment instead of the good ol' beat their asses thing. So when I put my son in time out & she said he needs more discipline, I said, "Don't worry. He's crying because he knows when we get home he has to lick a 9 volt battery." She doesn't say much anymore...
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 10:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think everything you do in life is being judged by someone or another. Parenting is hard because no two people do it the same way and yet everyone does it the way that they feel is best, so that causes lots and lots of drama.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Someone has an opinion about something. I have been made to feel like a monster for not plopping dd in front of TV, choosing to bf, sleep training, SAHM, you name it...
    dingchow

Answer by dingchow at 10:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I dont feel that way mainly because I know that only God can judge me, and I am confident in my parenting and my skills! There is nothing that another could say to me to truely make me question myself! As a SAHM, army wife, TV censoring, bottle feeding, God loving , protective, cell phone allowing, Corn Syrup liking, PTA, soccer, non-judgemental, bikini wearing, and bikini allowing on my daighters mom, plus much more, I am confident~! As should you all be with your choices!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 10:40 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• No, because I do not allow others to judge me. Even if you weren't a mom, don't you think someone would be judging you? Single for too long, date too many guys, don't date enough, still no kids after 2 years of marriage......yadda yadda yadda. Ridiculing is for High School students.

Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 10:47 AM on Apr. 20, 2011