Sort of a spinoff of the "Off the bottle" question....How many of you that bottle fed your kids had them off the bottle before a year, but, continued formula until after one?

LOL...My son was drinking from a sippy at 7 months and by 11 months had NO more bottles, but, I continued to give him formula until he was 14 months and the doc ok'd him to start milk.

Looking back, I realized I may be the ONLY person that took this route.

BradenIsMySon

Asked by BradenIsMySon at 10:25 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD was off the breast/bottle by 12 months and had formula until she was 18 months. She was very underweight and needed the extra calories.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:27 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I continued the toddler formula until 15 months because my autistic son had/has oral issues and could not eat many foods. He had the sippy from 8 months.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• ON the same note DS was off the bottle at 10 months and had formula in a cup until 12 months or so.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My son was off the bottle completely just after 1 year. I stopped formula though right at 1 and started him on milk. He hated sippy cups though so it took me until he was 1 year to find one he'd actually use and I put the bottles away.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 10:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I continued infant formula feeding DD until her gestational age was 12 months (she was 14 months at the time) and the we did the toddler formula a couple times a day in a sippy for another 4 months until she was 18 months.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:29 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• DS #2 could only drink from a bottle when he was born. He was so small - 3 lb. 14 oz. when we took him home. By the time he was 10 weeks, he was weaned from the bottle and exclusively breast fed. We discontinued formula at 10 weeks. (I kept up my supply my nursing his twin brother.)

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Ok, so I am not alone. LOL I see mom's either give bottle along with formula for a longer time OR they quit formula with the bottle before one. I hardly ever hear of off bottle early, keep formula. Thanks guys.
    BradenIsMySon

Comment by BradenIsMySon (original poster) at 10:34 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• One of my girls weened herself from the bottle at 9 months, and got formula from her sippy til she was a year old. DS was still on the bottle, but got formula til 15 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Nope not alone, my little girl hated the bottle and by 6 months we started giving her breast milk in a sippy. We found she would drink more that way when she was away from me.
    Graciesmom528

Answer by Graciesmom528 at 12:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2011