How much?

I am trying to start a face painting business. This is my dd i practice on her lol but im a little better since i did this. I would like to do birthday parties church functions. I got offered a job at a pumpkin farm for this year when its fall. How much would you pay for an hourly rate for your kids party. I use wolf fx which isnt the cheap face paint from walmart. What do you think do you like it? Im in the process of making a look book for kids to choose from.

whitenena

Asked by whitenena at 10:30 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I know the face painter that my friend hired one year charged a flat rate for the party. $50, I think. And, it depended upon how many people were expected to attend. Most of the face painters at the events around us charge by the face...$1.50 for a motif...$3 for a full face. Not sure if and/or what they may or may not be paid by the event itself.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'm not sure...how many kids do you think you can do in an hour?
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My friend does this at festivals & only takes donations. She walks out of there always with a ton of cash. Make sure to take the money out of the donation box, because people will give you more money if they notice it's empty.

Some people would feel guilty if they take your time & don't donate. So, usually people donate....

I also have a friend who does balloon animals n' stuff. He also only asks for donations, yet makes a ton of money.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Thats a great job on your DD. Id charge $10 a face for kid's. $15 for an adult.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:36 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I don't think I'd pay $10 for my kid's face to be painted.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 10:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'd check and see what other party entertainers charge and then come up with a competitive rate.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I was at a party where the lady said she charged $25 for a 2 hour party... So I guess $10-15 would be good for each hour.
    laird6372

Answer by laird6372 at 10:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• yeah it takes me 5 mins for most but the more detail there is usally it takes me 10-15 mins at the most. so thats
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• it took me about 7 mins to do this one
    whitenena

Comment by whitenena (original poster) at 10:42 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I wouldnt pay $10 a kid. I would charge a flat rate per party. We hire clowns, and they usually include balloons and face painting. We pay $60 an hour for the whole thing. She plays with them, reads them a book, face paints & makes balloon animals.

Answer by gemgem at 10:47 AM on Apr. 20, 2011