If you vaccinated your Child with MMR. Read.

I was just wonder, before you had your child vaccinated with the MMR shot....were you nervous?? I am REALLY nervous, ive talked to my DR and everything but im still really nervous. I dont want them to get the disease but yet i hear so many bad things happening from the shot.....Were you scared about giving them the shot?

chrissyrissyroo

Asked by chrissyrissyroo at 10:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• We're delaying the MMR vax until age 5, when the brain is more formed.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 10:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Both my kids did get the shot on schedule. I do not think it caused my son's Autism. They had no reaction. In retrospect I would have delayed all vaccines, again, not because of my DS Autism.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Nope, notta, not at all.. not in the least... I was vaccinated, as was everyone I know, including my children and grandchildren. NEVER had any issues on this end! It's worth it to me, if you are referring to side effects such as a runny nose, fever, etc... it's better than the alternative. But, if you are referring to the autism stuff, I don't believe that vaccinating has anything to do with it.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Not worried at all. Because I did research showing how beneficial it was and how it does not cause autism.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 10:40 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• DD gets all her vaccinations on schedule. I am not scared or worried about any of them because I trust them...and I trust her Ped's judgment.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:41 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• well im not really talking about the autism scare, im talking about the actual video and stories of children who became disabled from the shot :(
    chrissyrissyroo

Comment by chrissyrissyroo (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I was blissfully ignorant at the time so I wasn't nervous. With what I know now, I'd ask for separate vaccines and spread them out.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:42 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Not really. I waited until she was 4 to vaccinate her with anything. By then, the risks & side effects are much lower. Their immune system takes to the vaccines better, because by then their immune system has built up quite a bit.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:42 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• nope! ds got his vaccs on time. no reactions what so ever to any of them. if i didnt trust my pedi, i would switch to another one!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• The internet wasnt a big thing when my kids were small so there was not all this false hype and outright lies about the MMR shots. You CAN demand your kid's get the shots one at a time now, and space each shot months apart.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:43 AM on Apr. 20, 2011