"Of course I think my way is best...that's why I've chosen it to be my way."

Monica on the show Friends said something like that in one of the episodes and it has really stuck with me all these years....because I believe it to be true.

I respect other people's ways of doing things and I'm not one to judge and ridicule another's ways, but I do feel the way I do something is the best way to do it, otherwise I would change the way I do it.

Do you believe it to be true?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 10:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• HA HA HA!! You sound just like me! I agree, I am so bad about it. My DH gets so annoyed with me. His reason for not helping around the house is because I will just go back and do it my way afterwards!! So, I guess if I really stop and think about it, I am only hurting myself....
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 10:45 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It's called having conviction, and yes, I have it about lots of things in my life. I'm always open to exploring ideas and possibilities, but there are certain things that I absolutely believe are right and wrong and if that makes me "judgmental", then so be it.

Sometimes people's minds are so open that any old garbage falls right in.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 10:40 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• A think there are a few exceptions. DD is autistic and a lot of the way we do things is based on it being easier for her to handle with what we're doing.

JSD24

Answer by JSD24 at 10:48 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Absolutely.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:41 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Never thought of it that way but it makes sense!
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 11:58 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Agreed.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Ha ha! That's funny, I never thought about it that way!....but yeah I guess your right....if I thought there was a better way then I would be doing it THAT way...but I do think MY way is best which is why I do it that way! lol....I feel so enlightened! lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 12:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think there are exceptions to this, but I feel the same way when it comes to how I raise my children. The only time I see it being a potential problem is if a parent uses it to justify doing something harmful to their child.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:29 PM on Apr. 26, 2011