How did you get your child to drink from a straw?

My dd already knows but I was just curious how you did it. It was taught different for when I was younger than what I did for dd.

sweetpea1217

Asked by sweetpea1217 at 10:43 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• Well..with my 2 year old..she was about 7-8 months old. We were at a restaraunt and she kept grabbing for her daddys ice tea.He put the straw in her mouth and she just drank from it,lol. Now shes a full blown ice tea addict (which no I don't approve of..but she always manages to sucker her daddy into giving her a drink,lol)
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 10:45 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• started with juice boxes because they are easy to suck. Once they had that down a regular straw was no issue.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:45 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I handed them the drink with the straw in it. I didnt have to show them how to use it. They both just did it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:45 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I didn't. One day she just did it and I'm like "Hey, she can drink from a straw!" LOL
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:48 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i held the straw to him. He was like 5 months old or 6. He sucked like a bottle. LOL He figured it out pretty quickly.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:50 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Gave a juice box to them and told them to suck on it like a bottle, they got it very quickly and love straws now lol.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• just kept trying till he got the hang of it
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 7:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011