Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Boyfriend Trouble.

My 15 yr old niece, almost my adopted daughter, has this boy that is bad for her, he calls at all times during the night. He aggravates her no end, he's in with a bad croud who've been arrested etc. He shouts at her and basically puts her down, yet she won't get rid of him. How would you deal with this? I think that it's got to the point where I have to 'interfere' do you agree?


Asked by haleykarson at 4:50 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

Level 1 (3 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (11)
  • You definately have to interfere! Block his calls! call the phone company, they will tell you how to do it! Talk to the school! Tell him to stay away from her! Tell her to stay away from him! If they continue to have contact with each other call the police and file harrassment charges maybe even get a restraining order!

    Answer by Anonymous at 8:06 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

  • Depends, does she live with you?

    Answer by feesharose at 4:52 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

  • First of all, you answer the phone when he calls and tell him not to call that late.He will eventually get the hint. Maybe you should intervene on her behalf; she probably thinks no one would care about her because of him. You can block his # too if you want.. Maybe you should keep her busy so she will be out of reach.

    Answer by Kat122 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

  • You should have already interfered. If you are her Guardian. He wouldn't be comming to my house.


    Answer by louise2 at 4:55 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

  • Yes she lives with me, and I have never let him in my house. I've just heard the phone calls & seen them outside school & seen her in tears & know his reputation.

    Answer by haleykarson at 4:57 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

  • Seen Step-Mom?

    Know the part where Julia Roberts hires a supermodel to pose as the girl's new boyfriend... He pulls up on his sexy motorcycle and tells off the punk who's been making her life a living hell...


    Answer by kimberleee382 at 5:01 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

  • If you have a cell phone , change your house phone# or get rid of it totaly. Don't give the new # to your neice,so she wont give it to him. Tell her to call you on your cell. If she has a cell and your pay for it take it away from her so he can not call her.

    Answer by louise2 at 5:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

  • yes I agree

    Answer by admckenzie at 7:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

  • Definately get involved....but my question is why wont she get rid of him if he is so bad to her?

    Answer by hautemama83 at 8:16 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

  • Men can cause you to feel like you deserve the bad treatment and nothing else by taking away a young girls self esteem. Now you can stop his phone calls, but she will have to want to get away from him for it to work, in fact he can play like "THE VICTIM" I'm the only one that really loves you! And try to get her to rebel against you! Now the way I got rid of what sounds like his twin when my daughter was dating was to make sure they had sooo much supervised time together he decided it wasn't worth it because he knew better than to act foolish around me! And my daughter told me within two solid weeks time if she had to look at him whining another day she would barf! To much of a bad thing is as good and to much of a good thing! :) You look cool to her because you are letting her make her own decision to dump him and you only want to get to know him since yal are going to see so much of each other! LOL! Food for thought!

    Answer by 1countrygal at 10:27 PM on Dec. 2, 2008