What do you think of this quote and what do you think it means? What does it mean to you?

‎"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid." (Albert Einstein)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Just for Fun

• That we all have expertise in one thing or another...we don't have to be brilliant in everything we do to be smart. I like the quote.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 10:51 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You have to be aware of one's own talents and abilities and judge accordingly.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:51 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Well, that's just dumb and seems to me that Einstein was trying to downgrade his genius.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 10:52 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I love it! It made me think of my son.........I have always told him he can do ANYTHING!!!!! Whether or not he succeeds at things he tries, he at least tries.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:52 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• The way I see it...everyone is a genius at something & not everyone is genius in everything or the same thing. If you encourage a child (or any person for that matter) in something they are good at, they will excel in it. If you stifle them, they will never feel they can be great at it. Offer a child any & every opportunity in life. You just never know at which one they may be genius!
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 10:54 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• its basically saying dont judge people because some people take it to heart and think that is the only way people see them as a person even if its not true
    goobersmom713

Answer by goobersmom713 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I love this quote and have often used it. We are all given different abilities and shouldn't be judged as stupid just because we can't do something someone else can. I have children w/ autism and use this a lot to encourage them...they might not be able to do some things that children w/o autism can do, but there are things they can do that their peers can't because they think and see things differently.
    blessdmommy

Answer by blessdmommy at 12:38 AM on Apr. 26, 2011