I babysit for a friend of my husband for free every now and then. Is this too much to ask?!

All I ask is 1.) That she lets me know at least a day ahead of time or the night before the day she needs me to watch him and 2.) That if she's not going to show up at the time she told me to drop him off or pick him up, that she calls me to let me know she will be late or not be coming. My good gracious, if I'm going to volunteer my time to give your child a safe place to stay, isn't that the least she can do?

Kword

Asked by Kword at 10:53 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• Absolutely. If she doesn't, I would say she is taking advantage and being disrespectful of your time.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Sounds more than fair to me.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:54 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• 100% fair!!!!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 10:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Wow! Will you be my friend???
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 10:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't watch him anymore, unless she can play by your rules,,,or say I will be happy to watch him, the amount will be X amount of dollars,,
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:59 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You've been more than fair. I'd probably just be unavailable if I had to put up with that kind of nonsense.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 11:04 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Not at all. She should call you the day before and she should be there when she says she will. If she couldn't do that then I would not watch her child FOR FREE at all. She clearly doesn't know how generous you are and how fortunate she is to have this resource YOU.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• This is the first time since I started watching him a month ago that she has called the day before (since last time she called last minute, I told her no (unless it's an emergency of course) bc I have asked her time and time again to let me know the day before). She was supposed to be here at 9. I am supposed to watch him from 9-3. Well, It's 10 now and I still haven't heard from her. It would be nice to know if he was coming or not so I could at least make other plans if he's not coming. *sigh* Sorry, thanks for the rant
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Hahaha, SleepyCupcake! Suuuure! lol
    Kword

Comment by Kword (original poster) at 10:57 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:13 AM on Apr. 20, 2011