Relationship's and just growing apart ....

Have you ever been in a long term relationship...that started too feel like you were going your seperate ways?

Have you ever been attracted to someone ...and realized that it may be that you are now noticing the opposite sex, because your relationship is slowly ending?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• How "long term" are you speaking? My husband and I have been together for 11 1/2 years, married for almost 11 of those years. There was a time when we started drifting apart, but we recognized it and started doing stuff to bring us closer together.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:59 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes to both scenarios. But I had to stop & weigh what would I be losing against what I would be gaining, and all the effort it was going to take to reach my final destination (one with no guarantees either)...in the end I took the effort that I would have expended on a new scenario and pumped it into my existing situation. It's amazing what fresh perspective will do for a relationship! Best of luck to you regardless of what you choose to do. Remember too that you DO have a choice. :)
    jeniwren78

Answer by jeniwren78 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• 8 yrs, we have tried everything ...i seem to want different things in life ...and he seems to be content where he is.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I think every relationship goes thru this my dh and i sure did a few yrs ago but we started talking about it and solved the problem before there actually was one
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I too think all relationships go through this but what is important is that you recognize it and try to do things to help instead of drifting further and further apart.Try to find things that you and your hubby like , but you cannot just give up , unless thats what you really want.Good luck in whatever choice you make!
    Brandy928

Answer by Brandy928 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I am not giving up...without having tried everything i could think of first. The communication is lacking, no matter how hard i try to figure out how to work on the communication, i would like to grow and move on from where we are now ..however, he doesnt seem to be wanting to set any goals for himself , or have any motivation to get his life further than it is ...in order for our relationship to take the next step. We are not married and ...we do not live together. He is not showing signs of wanting or having the ambition to live as a family unit...he say's that he has plans, but i have yet to see him do anything to progress those 'plans'.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Apr. 20, 2011