Any ideas for a mom in the Richmond, VA area (or anywhere if location is not an issue) for things to do with 9 & 7 year old girls AND a 5 year old boy on spring break? Desperate for free or super budget friendly suggestions PLEASE!!! :) Thanks!

This is proving to be a ridiculous challenge trying to keep all 3 of them happy and entertained simultaneously! Add limited funds due to me being a stay at home Mom (sort of under protest, haha) & outrageous gas prices making road trips totally impossible, & I feel like a sunken ship 2 days in already! ALL suggestions are welcome and appreciated! There's no such thing as a bad suggestion (of course that's true as long as that bad suggestion isn't implemented! Haha)

Thanks in advance everyone!

jeniwren78

Asked by jeniwren78 at 10:55 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Entertainment

• have you taken them to a hands on children museum. We have 2 around here and they're both only like 5 dollar admissions and the kids could spend hrs. there playing. and they have activities for kids of all ages to do . including my toddler ...... the ones we have around here sell a year pass for about 60 dollars and it's so worth it because we spend 20 bucks everytime the whole family goes. Then I can take them once a week in the summer if I want.
    asmama6706

Answer by asmama6706 at 11:00 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Visit a park you have never been to before and explore it. Walk around the mall. Check out local free events. Sidewalk chalk it up! Bake a cake. Do at least one play date. Go to the dollar theater. Make your own play dough. Plan a 'family night party' Pick and make fun party foods, decorate the room with home made decorations, bake a cake, rent a movie and call it a late night!!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 11:03 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• try the local libary they usualy have fun free events for kids (even free movies to rent) , or local church,boys/girl clubs, the ymca or recenter in your area.....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2011