Having trouble sleeping, help!

I am so stressed out right now and am having severe trouble sleeping.Other than the obvious like excercises,and stuff like that , do you have any suggestions on over the counter meds that do not make you feel like crap the next day .

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 10:57 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Health

• Melatonin.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 12:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Have you tried Advil PM? My DH takes it now and again and he said it doesn't make him feel drowsy the next day?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I have an occasional night, too. I bought store brand sleep aids. They are very mild & don't seem to be addictive. I've had teh same box of 24 for a year now and still have 1/2 the pkg left. LOL. I take as directed, slip into a nice hot bubble bath with a good book. I soak, read & relax for about a half hour, just enough time for the aid to kick in. Then slip into bed & fall right to sleep. I don't feel like crap in the morning at all.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:06 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Advil PM & Tylenol Pm are good suggestions. I tried them & found that they only worked for the 1/2 hour's worth of "sleepy med" that is in them. After half an hour, I was wide awake. The PM meds are made for those who have a hard time falling asleep. Sleep aids are for those who have a hard time staying asleep at night. This information should help you decide which is best for you. :-)
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:09 AM on Apr. 20, 2011