Do you advise people to go to the doctor?

I am kind of perplexed when someone asks a serious question on here, like is spotting normal? We have no idea how much, or when it started! I am amazed at the people who say, it will be fine, or perfectly normal,, but what if it isn't? I have found a lot of help on here for simple medical questions, but for something more serious, I always tell the person to visit the doctor,, What do you all think?

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 11:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Health

• yes ma'am!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:05 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• sure do. if it is something that I have never seen or involves blood I say go get it checked out. There are some questions I don't even know why the person bothers to type it up and wait! Just go, better safe than sorry ya know?
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:07 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I am not a dr and don't claim to be, so for something serious, I can give my best guess but always tell them they should see a dr to be sure.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:07 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I agree 100%
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:07 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes and no - depends on the situation. I often offer what I THINK it is. I would hope that the ladies who ask these questions have the common sense to know when to go to the doctor and when not to, and are only asking for advice to ease their minds until they can get there, so they can kind of and maybe have an idea of what the problem could be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Surely no one on here would follow our opinions and NOT check out a doctor.

They ask a question, I answer to the best of my ability.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:12 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• if it sounds like a situation I've been through I'll tell them my story and still advise them to see a doctor because it can be serious. If it's something that I know I cant help with I always advise see a doctor.
    diamondsky

Answer by diamondsky at 11:12 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i say go to dr. or ER
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• What so many women forget to do is take care of themselves. So, yes, I advise going to a doctor because the worst thing we can do as mothers is neglect ourselves to the point we can no longer take care of our children.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:14 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yep. I usually tell them to see a Dr if they ask if they're pregnant.
    sweetpea1217

Answer by sweetpea1217 at 11:15 AM on Apr. 20, 2011