Does it seem like mothers are the last ones to be taken care of to y ou ?

I love my kids but I must admit I am the very last one in my house to eat,shower,sleep,sit down,do my school work, you name it I am last.I wish my man could ever give me one night to eat when supper is ready or shower before ten at night !I think mothers have the hardest job on the face of the earth and our job is soooooo under rated!Just venting a lil I guess.Anyone else have this issue in your house?

Brandy928

Asked by Brandy928 at 11:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes I think we are always last. We make sure everything gets done the right way for everybody else but no one makes sure that we got everything we need. =(
    justme782

Answer by justme782 at 11:18 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yep, my kids come first until they are old enough and wise enough to take care of themselves. I don't mind it because I know that I only have a short time where they depend on me and actually NEED me.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 11:09 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Me! And bump!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:08 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I get it! My DH does help around the house, but sometimes I still feel overwhelmed......
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 11:09 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I dont have that issue anymore. I used to. But then I got a new husband. Now we share alot of the responsibilities. I take a shower when I feel like it. I eat when they eat. And we both do dishes and all of that.

Answer by gemgem at 11:10 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• oooh yeah , thats me
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Kids totally come first here as well. We have a rule here though, that no one touches their food until everyone is sitting down at the dinner table. You might try it out. :)
    kiansmom0423

Answer by kiansmom0423 at 11:11 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Me ME MEEEEEEEEE! I agree 100%! It's so worth it for the smiles I get from my baby girls, though. :) ......Gotta admit, it'd be nice to have the occasional break, though! lol
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:14 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes, my dnner is always cold. Since our 2nd daughter was born in Januray I don't think I have had a warm dinner. Sometimes it drives me nuts but it is what it is. My husband works out of the home and my job is a SAHM. I'm not saying that he doesn't help because he definitly does.
    Mom1127-0125

Answer by Mom1127-0125 at 11:16 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Well, I don't let them treat me like that. When I sit down to eat my dinner, if someone wants something, I tell them I'll get it when I am done eating. Usually they just get it themselves.

My break time is after dinner. I lounge on the sofa. Often I will nicely ask one of my children to bring me a glass of water or something else. Sometimes they say no (and that's ok...) and sometimes they actually do it.

Famous Dr. Phil Quote: "You teach people how to treat you"

It's ok to vent - but at some point you'll need to decide whether you want to do something about it or not; and if not, then you really shouldn't vent.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 11:43 AM on Apr. 20, 2011