Ugh these a**holes...

Me and my ex have been broken up for 1 and half now and we started talking again. (we broke up because he was immature and he didn't care about shit) well since we have been broken up he has gotten a job and has been more helpful to me financially and with my son. I have not had sex or done anything with anyone since we broke up ( I was a virgin when I met him, he was my first) I really haven't had the time and there is pretty slim pickens in my town. We have been talking a lot on the phone and it feels like we are finally starting over and are building a solid foundation. Well he told his idiotic "friends" that he is starting to talk to me and we're going to try again. One of his friends said I was at a bar with this guy (who I haven't seen since hs) and we were making out and he introduced me as his girl. wtf? Another said I was with this other guy at the movies. The last movie I saw was a kid movie and that was with my son. My ex questioned me about all this and I was mortified. I don't see why his "friends" would want to do this to me. I have never been anything but nice to them and my ex and I's breakup wasn't a messy one. We both mutually decided that we can't be in a realtionship. I really don't know what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• They're afraid if you get back together, there goes their drinking buddy.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:22 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Sounds like kiddish stuff to me.Hopefully he belives you and not them...and I wouldnt try to prove myself about it either..either he be;ieves you or he dont. He needs to lose these young jealous buddies of his..they probably enjoy all the time they get to spend with him with you out of the picture.Hopefully they'll grow up one day too.Good Luck.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:23 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I agree with 1smartcookie.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 11:26 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You answered your own question. They are HIS friends and no matter how clean a break up is there are always hurt feelings and people will confide in their friends. I am sure he has told them of any bad thing he saw in your, about you, called you names and all of that. Now they dont want him with you.

Answer by gemgem at 11:26 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• He should trust you but even if he doesn't, YOU WERE BROKEN UP....it's not really any concern of his. He shouldn't worry about letting that get in the way of you starting over and re-creating your family.
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 11:33 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You were broken up. It's simply not his business what you were doing anymore than its your business who he has been seeing and been with. Sounds like its best this relationship ended.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 12:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2011