What do you use for stuffers in Easter Baskets & Easter activities?

I prepare my Easter Baskets every year because of the overpriced baskets with cheap worthless toys. As the center present I am including an MP3 player for my 9 yr old, Bralon will have a new big wheel plus a basket of Toy story toys,such as bandaides, medium bounce ball, pull back car.My little girl will have a basket full of Princess items. SHe has a princess bedtime storybook,Princess garden gloves & matching knee pad with hand shovel to help mommy in the flower garden & lots of other little toys. They all will have lots of candy of course. I will fill plastic eggs with dollar $ bills for my oldest also.
We always hunt eggs with friends. Decorate hard boiled eggs, make Easter cupcakes & I make a large ham dinner for the whole family. I try to find some new activities to try but have no luck so any ideas would be great. Happy Easter!!

tkchill02

Asked by tkchill02 at 11:24 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Holidays

• Sounds like you pretty much have it covered. I would think that pretty much fills the day. I know my kids would be pooped after that and need some down time.. :)
    huntin_mama

Answer by huntin_mama at 11:26 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Are you Christian? There's a recipe for "resurrection cookies" that's been going around here on CM. You prepare these cookies the night before and they bake all night and you eat them the next day. This could be a different activity.

Stuffers - I thought of using books, put in a card game, hot wheels, a small bit of candy, some legos, some other things I thought he'd enjoy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Wow, it's like Christmas all over again. Lucky kids...
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 11:29 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I always put summer toys like bubbles, beach balls, frisbees and stuff, but your baskets sound pretty full already! Have a great Easter.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 11:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• We don't do a lot of candy. No big chocolate easter bunny that gets stuck in the freezer till next year. My dd is getting a few games for her computer, two new books, and a few other small things. I spent less than $50 on the whole thing.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• $50.00 was my limit on these baskets also but with 3 kids .... ugh
    tkchill02

Comment by tkchill02 (original poster) at 11:36 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• This year I'm going to try something new I'm going to buy a laundry basket one for each of my 3 children and stuff them with toys. My son will have beyblades, a huge remote control car, mini skate boards, and a big chocolate easter bunny and an outfit. My girls are getting a baby doll easch with all the assaries, a chocolate easter bunny an outfit and toys for outside. they all get a waterr sprinkler to share.
    We are going to DH mother's for dinner, easter egg hunt, and egg coloring. When we get home the children and I make easter bunnies from marshmellows, and color easter eggs, and we play a word game using Easter.
    I fill my eggs with candy, stickers, fake tatoos, and three golden eggs are filled with cash. One has $1, one has $5 and one has $10 for the egg hunt.
    diamondsky

Answer by diamondsky at 11:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Our 3 boys each get one special gift, 7 yr old a book, and candy, 8 yr old movie and candy, 14 yr old a new hat and candy. They don't expect a lot because I've never made a big fuss over it. On Sunday Our 14 yr old will hide eggs in the yard, and they will hunt for them when they get home from their biodads, have a nice dinner, and call it done. Schools the next day, so I don't want them to fill up on junk the day/night before. We feel the more you give, then they will have a sense of entitlement, and we don't raise our boys like that. In reality it's just another day anyway.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:39 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Wow! My DD sounds like she is getting the short end of the stick compared to other kids. With all the items that I will be putting in her basket and the plastic eggs I have spent less than $10. She is getting a $1 painting book as well as a tea set that I bought on clearance at work. We will not be dyeing eggs at home (she is allergic to eggs and I am not cooking a big meal but we will be doing them at a friends house), I will hide plastic eggs with some things that she likes inside of each of them.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:44 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Wow,, your a better mom than I am! We don't do big toys for Easter, simple stuff like candy, bubbles, maybe a bit of money hidden in the eggs,,,now I feel guilty,, LOL!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 12:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2011