Seriously... adult content

What is up with using "baby daddy"? I think that is such a horrible phrase. I googled it and this is what I came up with:

Usually a broke ass black man; Who you met through a friend and had sex wit when you was upset and confused. Now you don had his baby and he dont pay child support and denies yo son ray ray.

This came from urban dictionary.

I wasn't sure what category to put this in.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:31 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• I think it's just horrible. I mean, not just the broken english. I think it's deplorable the fact that we now have a phrase for the father of a child conceived out of wedlock and some times even outside a real relationship. I says a lot about a person that uses that term, especially while trying to discuss that now she's moved on to a new an and her baby's dad is not ok with it. IDK, that's just my opinion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• WOW is all that comes to mind.
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 11:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I HATE the terms baby daddy/baby mama....they just sound terrible....GGRGRRR
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I hate that phrase! But usually a "baby Daddy" is someone that doesn't want to accept responsibility for a person that he helped create--used to be called a "deadbeat Dad". BTW I prefer the latter phrase to the other one.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Well your first mistake was looking in urban Dictionary.....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 11:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• LMAO
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I google it and this is what came up. I just don't understand why it's used. I agree with coala Dead Beat Dad sounds so much better.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:37 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I would believe that definition. There was a question on here yesterday (I think...sometimes my days on here gets mixed up...LOL) asking what your kid calls their baby daddy.

Ummm.......she calls him "daddy." LMAO
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 11:38 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• See, a "Baby Daddy" is not just a dead beat dad. The guy might take responsibility for the child. but not the mom. So, therefore, it's the baby's daddy. Used as a phrase it's just wrong. But that's what it means. The baby's dad, whom I'm not involved with and want nothing to do with.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I don't care for that phrase either. And LOL at Urban Dictionary- not a place I would air my dirty laundry!
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 12:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011