Uterine contractions and not preg? adult content

once last week on day 3 of period and last night and this morning ive had what feels like contractions. i woke up last night in so much pain and in a fetal position feeling like im in labor but im not preg. and the pain comes in waves. i ended my period about 3 -4 days ago. anyone have this before? i pass gas just fine and have normal bm's.

aschwarz06

Asked by aschwarz06 at 11:32 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Health

• You do realize that contraction are just "cramps"? I didn't realize that until after I had my first child....
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 11:33 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• why would i be cramping though if im not on my period and ive never in my life had them so bad they stopped me in my tracks or made me curl into a fetal position
    aschwarz06

Comment by aschwarz06 (original poster) at 11:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I had this issue when I thought my period was over a few times. Then, all of a sudden, I would pass a rather large clot and have a couple more days of flow. Your uterus does contract some during your period. That is what passes all the "debris" that the uterus prepared but didn't need. This is what we commonly know as "cramps". Some have stronger ones than others. Passing clots can hurt. If this continues, or you feel something is highly irregular for you, call your gyno & see if they want you to come in.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 11:35 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Maybe you have endometriosis? I think you should probably go get a check up!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 11:48 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i agree on a check up, but i have had it, and agree with the mama that said a "clot"... once it passed i was fine.
    i also just started the minipill and have had contractions/cramps when i'm not on my flow...
    asil

Answer by asil at 9:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• im not on birth control of any kind since i had my tubes tied 2 years ago but i have made an appointment to rule anything out thanks for your answers
    aschwarz06

Comment by aschwarz06 (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2011