Does your kid ever throw up in their sleep - i mean be asleep and wake up barfing

i just figure something they ate didnt agree with them or exposed to something at school , wake up just fine

letstalk747

Asked by letstalk747 at 11:52 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• Once or twice. My one kid actually did this a couple months ago. I'm not sure she actually woke up, though. When she got up in the morning she was covered in vomit. She slept in it all night and said she didn't remember throwing up. It was every where in the bed, on the wall, in her hair. GROSS. She had to have a shower and we had to strip her and her bed and wash the walls and carpet. The other 2 girls didn't wake up either. She was 8 at the time.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 5:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Not a lot, but it has happened. My kids are huge pukers.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:56 AM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes. She was sleeping with me, threw up and went back to sleep. she didn't even remember it the next day!

Answer by admckenzie at 12:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• could be from a couple things.. dreams, spike in body temp during a growth phase, food, contaminent, muscle spasms.. If its happened more than a few times i'd call the doctor..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 12:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011