Quicken, Change from Deluxe 2008 to Starter 2010

I have used Quicken for a long time. It was on my old laptop. The laptop stopped working. They think it is something connecting the cord to the computer and they say it is not worth fixing. For the last year or so, I was only using it for Quicken and taxes. Well, I installed a new 2010 copy of Quicken starter on my newer laptop. It seemed to take the transfer of data and was working. Now it will not allow me to put in new entries to my ledger. Does anyone know a secret?

tootoobusy

Asked by tootoobusy at 11:58 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Technology

• Check the file to make sure the write only box IS NOT checked. In the folder with the file BEFORE you open it, right move click on the file and click property's. You will get the files property's and at the bottom of the first tab you will see the write only box. If it is checked, UNcheck it to make the file accessible to add data to.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 2:03 PM on Apr. 24, 2011