I feel like im going nuts!!!!!!

my 10 month old is getting into the age where she just screams for no reason. Shes rly bored i know because even if i give her toys shes not interested but rite now i dont rly have money for new toys. What do i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Go on Craigslist in your area and maybe you can do a toy trade with another family so that way she gets new toys and you dont spend any money I am sure there are other parents in your area who need new toys as well. I have done this with my son and it worked out great
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You don't need to buy her new toys- give her kitchen spoons and bowls to play with or little cups filled with water. Babies love stacking and putting/ taking out around this age. Make small pillow towers for her to climb.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• The screaming is just going to happen unfortunately. I'm not sure how you should handle it though.

As for the toys, we take toys away and put them in the closet for a bit. When our DS gets bored with the one's he has been playing with, we swap them for the others. It works great since he thinks he's playing with something new.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I love tupperware, mixing bowls, and safe mixing utensils!!! My kids have a ton of fun with those. My husband hates it, though.

Try some kitchen stuff.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Give her wooden spoons and a pot. My kids loved that. Take her outside, to a playground with swings or a sand box. She's ready for new experiences. Go to a petting zoo, play with play doh.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Just give her an empty box and a wooden spoon....she'll be occupied for a long time!
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You have probably heard this, but kids like the packages more then what was in it. Seriously! My kids always would start playing with a box first. Give her a half filled water bottle and show her what it does when you turn it back and forth. That would entertain my kids for quite some time. Give her some of your plastic bowls and contains and give her blocks and big balls and show her the noise they make or how to roll the ball around inside. Sometimes buying toys really is not the answer. Find a bigger box she can fit in and either open it on both sides so she can climb through it or keep the bottom folded and sit her in it. Another thing you can do is give her crayons to write on the box. I would not use markers though they are washable it can create more work. Tape a few boxes together that you can make a sort of tunnel. Not too big at this age so she can see through the other end.

Loreita
    www.evhealthykids.com/workathome
    LHolladay

Answer by LHolladay at 12:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Oh yeah I forgot to mention. I have a plastics drawer in the kitchen filled with lids and tupperware and when my kids would get really bored i would open the drawer and put them in front of it. Then I would bang a few of the bowls to gether and throw some on the floor and put them back and kind of stir them up with my hand. After that they could no longer handle watching me and would want to take over.

Loreita

www.evhealthykids.com/workathome
    LHolladay

Answer by LHolladay at 12:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• what you could do to is get a few toys, hide them for a couple of days and bring them out..she'll more than likely have forgotten she had them and now they are new!
    dreamangel06

Answer by dreamangel06 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2011