How do you get rid of cat hairs?

Besides constantly vaccuming and having a lint roller at hand? Any other suggestions?

justme782

Asked by justme782 at 12:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pets

• Regular grooming is a must & it will help. Aside from that & vacuuming, buy the Scotch Fur-Fighter Pet Hair remover kit. It works great! They get what a lint roller cant even come close to getting off your furniture. I also use Swiffer Floor Duster Pads on my laminate flooring. They too work great for picking up pet hair. I have a Hoover Platinum Linx cordless vacuum that I absolutely love. Best cordlesss vac out there. I use it everyday on my throw rugs & for quick pick ups on the carpet. Best $$ I ever spent on a cordless! For dusting furniture, I use the pledge duster pads. The pick up cat hair off furniture better than the Swiffer furniture duster. I have 4 cats, & everyone asks me how I manage to keep my house so free of cat hair. I tell them just what I wrote here.
    RubyinPA

Answer by RubyinPA at 6:59 PM on Apr. 26, 2011

• Have you tried shaving it? lol Seriously, I have no idea. But if you come up with something, I'd like to know!
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 12:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• WAX YOUR CAT! LOL! Okay seriously, white cats tend to lose more hair then darker cats. Rubber hair remover or sponges work awesome. Better than rollers! No way around it, vaccums need to be used to pick up dander and hair stucked in corners & on rugs. shop vac do the best job and don't clog like regular vacuums. Remove filter and just let it suck through into canister and empty. We have two and their hair makes me crazy. I've taken to putting sheets on areas where they lay and I limited them to only certain rooms. They never are in my room so it's totally hair free. Hope this helps.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 12:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Please don't get rid of the cat because of cat hair...that is the most ridiculous reason I've ever heard to get rid of a pet.

Try brushing every day...maybe twice a day. Should help.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 12:28 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• We made ours an outside cat(after we have her fixed)
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 12:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Shave your cat that is what I did and it worked better than sending it out to its death or giving it away.
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:08 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Buy a robot vacuum or get a hairless cat next time ;) PS, use your crocs (shoes) or anything made of that rubberish material to lift hair out that is matted onto furniture or carpet.
    RobotLady

Answer by RobotLady at 11:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Got rid of my cat :) I know that's not helpful but it's true
    Ethans_Ma

Answer by Ethans_Ma at 12:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Get rid of the cat. Worked for us lol.

Answer by gemgem at 12:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011