Im screwed.

My husbands going to be pissed. Okay i paid rent which is 585 but the check bounced well i have 900 in the bank and have been waiting for the money to clear. So i call my land lord and she tells me because it bounced and is late she wants 655 because the late fee is 50 and the charge for bounced check. I called my bank and a check never bounce i go to get my check book and it my old account :( i want to ask my landlord if i can just pay rent and the bounce fee i have never been late for 3 years do you think its appropriate to ask this? Sinceits an honest mistake.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Money & Work

• I have done the exact same thing before. I wrote a check from an old checking account....even though my new account is at a completely different bank. Just was absent minded and not thinking. Luckily, my landlord was understanding and just wanted rent plus the bounced check fee. He said if it happened again, he would require me to give him cash or a cashier's check, though.
    Molly4630

Answer by Molly4630 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes just ask all they can say is NO
    christinahenry

Answer by christinahenry at 12:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• well yeah , they want their money so i would think they would agree , or spread whats owed over a couple months
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• totally would explain the whole thing and that you've never been late
    Happymom2-2

Answer by Happymom2-2 at 12:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Ask away and I wish you all the luck in the world !!!
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 12:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I am sure if you explain to what happened he would understand. It does not hurt to ask.
    momoftaterbug

Answer by momoftaterbug at 12:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• First, how could your bank say no check bounced and your landlord says it did?
    Whatever, but you can always ask. If you really had it in on time but it's late because it bounced
    I say it's a reasonable request.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yes, explain your situation to the landlord. Most of us would probably let it slide if it was just one time . . . you do have to pay the fees, though.

Yuck.

Good luck.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 12:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• they said no i had to pay it:( im so scared to tell my hubby its an extra 100 dollars >.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• eww what a mess! If they said it bounced it must have or they would've got their money
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2011