H doow you help a shy kid be more social at school

She is three abd it breaks my heart to watch her be so isolated from the other kids sorry I can't edit I'm mobile but hopefully you all understand this post

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• this is tuff one , ask teacher to assign her a buddy kid to hang with to start
    letstalk747

Answer by letstalk747 at 12:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I agree with letstalk. In the preschool we always try to buddy them up with another kid and then rotate them to a new buddy each week so they got to know everyone. When my youngest was new to a school, the teacher found the friendliest kids and ask them to show my daughter around. Well with 3 yr olds, they can do the same type thing. Some kids just are more social and will like leading others to fun.When you drop your daughter off dont' make a big deal out of leaving. Kids usually do better if mom is good with things.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 12:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My dd was shy at that age. Once she turned 4 she could play tee ball and do things with other kids. It really opened her up and she is so social now it is scary. You can look into alternate activities that can boost her confidence and bring her out more. What about swim lessons?>

Answer by gemgem at 12:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• My DD was very shy around 2 and 3. At daycare she'd observe the kids more than she would talk and interact with them. As she aged that improved. She is 4.5 now, and in a pre school program. She is still a little quiet, but does very well. She participates and plays with the other children just fine. You may just possibly need to give your son some TIME. :)

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:03 AM on Apr. 22, 2011