Bubble water people...

love it and drink it everyday is it ok, cause now i'm being told i'm not suppose to drink it (i'm so tired of being told not to eat and drink things lol) but for real can I???

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 12:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Carbonated water usually has phosphoric acid to sweeten the flavor, because the carbonation process usually causes the water to have a bitter flavor. Phosphoric acid has been known to weaken tooth enamel and bleach the calcium from your bones.

When you're pregnant, your teeth and bones are already being deprived of their normal intake of calcium because your little one is absorbing what it needs.

I wouldn't deprive myself of carbonated water if you really enjoy it. Just take care to get your calcium supplements with Vitamin D (you need them both as the D helps your body absorb the calcium) and buy some enamel-saving toothpaste.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You can drink it.. They drink bubble water in germany daily and they have kids that turn out just fine.
    Anonymous

• Bubbles also make you feel fuller than you really are, so the other concern is that you're not drinking enough water. The carbonation in of itself also acidifies the water-- even if they don't use phosphoric acid. So you're fine drinking the water-- just pay attention to see if your teeth become more sensitive and if you have symptoms of dehydration.

I drank carbonated water all the time when I was pregnant, and my kid is just fine. Many of the precautions regarding diet for pregnant women are on the 1:1000000 chance that you'll get something. They are over the top and excessive. I ate sushi, had stinky cheese, ate coldcut sandwiches, and drank coffee while pregnant, just not any of those to excess. I did abstain from alcohol because that's not a possibility of harm to the baby but a high probability, particularly in the first trimester.

Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 12:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Ok mine is not sweet at all, very bitter but I love it. But it's still water and that is still good for you right?
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Thank u
    ktinaza

Comment by ktinaza (original poster) at 12:53 PM on Apr. 20, 2011