Daily exercise

I have started exercising, but I can only get about 20 minutes at a time. I try to do it 3 times a day. I have babysit 2 year old twins. Will that help me any at all. I know the longer the better. Any info will be helpful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• 20 minutes per session, broken into 3 sessions is fine if it's what you can do for now! It sure beats doing nothing!

If you want to make the most out of your 20-minute blocks, try making some days (like every 2nd or 3rd day) a HIIT day. HIIT stands for high intensity interval training and it will kick your butt, burn some serious calories, and increase your level of fitness very quickly. 20 minutes of HIIT done the right way is equivalent of more than twice as long doing regular aerobic cardio. Google it, it's good stuff. Make the most of your short workouts!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I agree with vicesix, HIIT is great. and believe me 20 min 3x a day is definitely better than nothing and even some studies show may actually be more beneficial. Make sure you're getting your heart rate up each time. another thing I've heard good things about is tabata so google that too - it doesn't take up a lot of time either.
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 1:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2011