Im fine with the rest of my body but...

How do i work off my hips!!??? they wont go away no matter how much running elyptical i do grrrr! lol any help?

brandnew744

Asked by brandnew744 at 12:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Two taht worked best for me was laying on my side and folding one leg behind me and lifting up. I could feel it in my butt the most but when you work the butt it seems to help the hips. I also did standing leg lifts straight out to the side. I used to watch a tv show and do them for a half hour. Had the tonest hips ever. Now I'm old and lazy with big hips, enjoying goodies. Hope this helps.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrF27lPsGAo&feature=relmfu
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 12:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i think im gonna buy those kinetic bands thank you TwinkleLites!!
    brandnew744

Comment by brandnew744 (original poster) at 12:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You really can't spot reduce. Overall exercise and cardio as well as strength training will help you reduce overall. Some people are built differently but if you work on strengthening your core you should see your hips slim down. Not just your abs, but lower back, hip flexors, aductors and abductors. Google overall core exercises. Pilates is EXCELLENT at helping strengthen core!
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 1:26 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• pilates and yoga has honestly been the only thing that's made my sides go down. i do bikram yoga and on my pilates dvd- i only do the abdominal workout. mind you, i also do cardio 4-6x a week, but the pilates more has helped w/ my hips.
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 11:43 AM on Apr. 21, 2011

• also on the elyptical- don't use your hands at all, makes the workout a little more intense and forces you to do some ab work
    lexi8622

Answer by lexi8622 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 21, 2011