OMG! The waitress spilled a drink on me and now the school is involved?

About 1 Monday a month a dear friend and I meet for a late lunch,,I will sometimes have a glass of wine, sometimes just tea,,anyway to make a long story short, we had met for lunch and ordered, the waitress came by our table with a round of drinks, and spilled them right on me!!! I was about 40 miles away from home, so I rinsed off the best I could and headed to pick up DS,, now mind you I had not had ANYthing to drink,, I picked up son from school, and the teacher asked if I had been drinking,, I told her the story and we laughed about it, anyhoo another mother overheard us and reported me to the school? This is a giant mix up, but now they want to talk to me? What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• Tell em to fuck off! This was a MONTH ago? And they're just NOW calling you in? Tell em to mind their own business. Sure tell em what happened at the restaurant, but after this long they already think you have a drinking problem.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Go talk and tell them the truth, and don't be upset because they are thinking of the kids. :)

You know people need to MYB>>>>>>> Actually their business. IF they knew for shaw you were a drunk picking up your kids then you get involved but a mom overheard you and blabbled her mouth and had no idea what she was talking about. Good luck!!!!
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I would go talk to the school and explain. They are mandatory reporters so if you are evasive they will call child services.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:03 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I would just meet with them, calmly, and explain what happened. If you have a chance to clear the air with the reporting mom, be the better person. Tell her what happened, and that you realize that she just reported because she didn't know.

I wouldn't worry. If the teacher or the school was that worried, they would have reported to CPS. You are fine . . . .

Sorry mama! What a crazy circumstance!
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Just stick with the truth. If they want to continue to harass you about it, which I doubt, you can always get a statement form the restaurant. My guess is this is nothing more than a formality. They have to look into a report.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• First, you don't have to explain yourself. Secondly, if you CHOOSE to, just tell whomever exactly what you told us. Just stay calm. Don't get defensive, but be clear and concise. Whatever you do in your spare time, (drinking or not!) is absolutely none of their business. Even if someone just spilled a drink on you, it is no one's business.

As for the reporting mom... you know what happened. She doesn't. She may just be looking out for a child's best interest, consider if you really WERE an alcoholic, your son might then need extra involvement.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I wouldn't worry too much about it. Just tell them the truth of course and I'm sure the teacher that you were talking to can admit that she had seen what you were wearing the day that the drink was spilt on you.
    Just imagine if you had over heard another parent who was picking up their child, and thought they could possibly be drunk and about to take their kids home? Pretty scary thought. Although she most likely heard the wrong part of the story you were telling, she heard something else and took charge. I would be grateful she's worried about the children and she did something about it. GL
    Sweet_Memoriez

Answer by Sweet_Memoriez at 1:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2011