Spice in my rice

My rice is sooo bland when I make it. How do I make it taste like the resturants do?

Kimkh

Asked by Kimkh at 12:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Food & Drink

• seasonings, butter, olive oil, use broth/stock in place of water, etc.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 9:45 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• depends on what kind of rice you want to make! For starters The type of rice may make a HUGE difference. Jasmin rice is flavorful plain on the side of a good stir fry. If you want seasons rice you can use chicken stock instead of water with salt pepper and garlic. I also like to use Sazon, salt and garlic (a Spanish style seasoning packet) to make rice for some dishes.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You can make it with fruit juice instead of water, add fruit, or diced veggies and chicken stock. There are tons of ways to make rice and every restaurant makes it different. Chinese places use a different type of rice than we make at home and they steam it to cook it. Carribean uses saffron and allot of pineapple. Spanish can have tomato, jalapeƱo green pepper's and taco seasoning in it.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Just depends on your preference. I like making mine hawaiian and japanese.
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 1:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011