How'd you spill the beans?

When my husband and I found out we were pregnant with our son four years ago we decided to wait until Fathers Day which was about a month away. When the day came we had prepared a stuffed teddy bear with a little onesie on it that said "The best thing at grandpa's house is grandma" along side with a really nice tool set. We did this for both of our dads (and of course our mom's were there also). It was pretty comical to watch them try to figure out what the heck the bear was for, but once they relalized, everyone was happy and taken by surprise :)
Next time we have another one, I've already figured out how we're going to tell the family. We're going to create a shirt for our son, Blake who is three right now, and on the shirt its going to have a little bear pulling a wagon with a baby bear and it's going to say, "I'm the big brother". && again, just sit back and watch them figure it out and see how long it takes :)

Sweet_Memoriez

Asked by Sweet_Memoriez at 12:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in General Parenting

• I just said "Guess what? I'm pregnant!" lol. I didn't feel the need to make it fancy.
    Anonymous

• happyThat is an awesome story!!!!!

Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 1:01 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• OK,,,,I just to every one I was pregnant. Simple and easy.

Answer by louise2 at 1:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• We made little gift boxes for each set of parents and had onesies inside that related to being grandparents-took them a while to get it!
    lizmartinez

Answer by lizmartinez at 1:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It was around Christmas so for each set of parents we wrapped up two bibs. One saying I love grandma and the other saying I love grandpa and wrapped them under the tree. With my second we put a t-shirt on DS that said I'm a big brother.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• With my second pregnancy, we had photo cards made of our first son that were blank along the side. I handwrote, "I'm going to be a big brother!" and we mailed them all out =D We had LOTS of phone calls after the mail ran!
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I wrapped a receiving blanket as a just because present for my Mom. She opened it then asked whta's this for? I said, What do you think you need a receiving blanket for Mom!! She was so excited she jumped up and down screaming then cried she was so happy.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• With our first, we found out 2 days after our wedding. (the day we left on our honeymoon) so while we were on our honeymoon, we out a unisex outfit, that had a shirt, pants, onsie, hat, and blanket. It was handmade, and so awesome! We bought our parents some pretty picture frames and put parts of the outfit and put them in a gift bag. We had everyone over for dinner and then had them open their gifts. His parents had no idea, npbut my mom freaked!!! She was so excited!! (( we used the outfit for both kids coming home outfits since we dont find out) Then with our second, our son told everyone " Mommys has a baby" that was fun trying to explain :)
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• yeah I just called everyone and told them... my parents are divorced tho so I have to plan it on a day that I KNOW I can reach both of them and since my mom is harder to get ahold of I tell her first then place the call to my dad the whole process is actually more stressful then exciting
    big_red05

Answer by big_red05 at 2:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011