Ok yep I'm gonna ask this question lol.....

So this might be the worlds weirdest question but... I really dont' get how people show at like 9 wks ( I did so i'm not saying it;s not true) but the baby is so little are we just bloated?? i'm 7.5 wks now with my 2nd and you cannot tell im prego but I have a little belly already?? But I feel like how is that possible since the baby is the size of a blueberry lol ????

ktinaza

Asked by ktinaza at 1:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It's bloating. It won't be long and you will have a true baby belly!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 1:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• The baby is the size of a blueberry, but the uterus and the "workings" are much bigger than that. Ususally, with number two, you show earlier because of muscle memory. You stomach relaxes and stretches more quickly. With the first, it has to fight against really firm tummy muscles that have never been stretched.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 1:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Bloating, hard uterus, extra eating are all true but I know for me it is also that I tend not to be as quick to suck in (which is a pretty natural reflex for most women) when I look in the mirror. After all pregnancy is when its good to have a bump. So sometimes i think I am bigger already when in reality Im just not trying as hard to look thinner.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 1:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It's bloating, not a baby bump.
    Anonymous

• Maybe just with the uterus expanding? It's bigger than the baby anyway, that's why you can't feel kicks til it gets cramped in there. Also, you show earlier with your second because things aren't as tight as they were.
    lizmartinez

Answer by lizmartinez at 1:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• For me it was like ooohhh I'm preggo and started eating everything immediately lol so it was a chubby belly lol
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Bloating is one answer. Another is that your uterus hardens, a lot and even though your baby isn't that big- your uterus is still growing even at 9 weeks.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011