Took the test but still have symptoms!

Ok...Here's the story...
I have been taking BC for 20 years because of irregular periods. Last time I had my period, it was only two days, which is abnormal for me, usually they are 4-5 days. But I just shrugged it off. Then my breasts got sore, I started having a discharge and felt unusually moody. Then I missed my period. So I took a HPT just in case, it was negative, took another two weeks later, still negative. Got my period on Sunday, April 17th, with horrible cramps and all that good stuff. Again, only two days. I have this pinkish discharge now and all these weird things I have never experienced before. Such as chills, my skin tingles, super tired, very emotional, etc. I know all these people ask, AM I PREGNANT? And our answer is take a test. But my question is how many times can a HPT say negative when you are truly pregnant, and are any of these things symptoms of pregnancy? I have no health insurance, so I am panicking about taking a blood test. Also, because the two tests said negative, I've been living my life like normal, which includes smoking.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Can you go to a pregnancy center or planned parenthood?
    Maybe it is pre-menopause or you are about to get sick. all kinds of weird funky stuff happens when you hit it.
    Anonymous

• I would go get a blood test done. Those are always more accurate. And for whatever reason, if you are pregnant, and your body isn't producing enough hormones the pee test won't work.
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 1:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I took about 4-6 tests a month when I thought I was pg with my daughter, all came back neg. Finally, I swore I felt kicking. Went to the doctors, they gave me a test, neg. Did blood work. I was 5 months pregnant!!!! Also, since there is a possibility, I would stop smoking, stop drinking, lower your caffeine intake... And go to to the women's care center.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Get a blood test for pregnancy and FSH (think that is right) for menopause. I've known of woman as young as 38 going into menopause and experiencing weird symptoms. Blood test is the most accurate for pregnancy.
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 1:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Stress can also case those symptoms. A pregnancy test would be pos by 1 week past due date in MOST cases if you were really pregnant.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I would call the dr. There are some serious reasons why you could be having pregnancy symptoms and not be pregnant.

Answer by missanc at 1:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Thanks everyone! I will look into getting a blood test. And I have been under a ton of stress!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You might need to change your BC---I had to change my type of pill when I got older, but think you should call the doc to be safe :)!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i had the same problem in january only spotting, bloating felt naseous took hpt all negative one said positive went to dr said negative found out the bc i was on was making me think i was pregnant i instantly stopped taking them.
    msdouglas421

Answer by msdouglas421 at 2:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2011