Does your husband ever treat you like a child????

I'm 32 weeks pregnant right now and granted I DO have a history of going into pre-term labor but I think DH might be taking it a step too far.....We live near a busy street...the vet's office is across the intersection on the other side of the street....I want to take my dog to the vet....Rich won't give me the money to take our dog to the vet because he doesnt want me crossing the busy street without him (we only have one car and he takes it to work) so now he's telling me that I need to just wait until Friday when he'll be able to take me....across the street...he's not budging...WTF????

Now Richie is a GREAT freaking husband most of the time, but this is going a little too far to me...his reasoning? "What if you go into labor while your in the middle of the intersection and your not paying attention and a drunk driver comes and hits you" I swear these were his exact words..if I wasnt so mad about him treating me like a kid at the time I would have laughed cause he was dead serious.

What should I do??? Usually he's a wonderful, wonderful man, this is the first time he's done anything like this so I guess that's why I'm at a loss....

Lucky209

Asked by Lucky209 at 1:14 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• that doesnt sound like he's treating you like a child. sounds like he's over protective.

When i first clicked into your question before reading the inscription, i was going to say how i can relate.

Does he talk DOWN on you?

Does he demand for you to CONTACT him every minute your gone?

Does he ask you questions every second your gone?

Does he punish you and not let you go anywhere unless you pay your dues?

Does he make consequeces if you apparently do something wrong?

i was a bit dissapointed clicking into it but it sounds like he's just over protective.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• HONEY HE LOVES YOU AND THAT BABY! Just enjoy it!
    TwinkleLites

Answer by TwinkleLites at 1:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Wow. On one hand that is so sweet that he cares so much but I see how it would drive you crazy. Could you wait until he gets home to go or are his hours too long? Maybe you have an appt soon and the dr can assure him that you are fine to walk and remind him that even if you go into labor in the street the baby won't come before you can get off the street. Good luck to you.
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• he is just worried about you and loves you that much that he would hate for anything to happen to you. I would just wait to go, i know its really not that big of deal but if you do it anyway they it may cause a dumb fight.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 1:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• have someone from the vet office come to your house and walk with you??
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Idk what to do, I'm in the same boat, relatively. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a month ago, and with it comes "fibro-fog" which is a state where sometimes you can't think quite clearly... when I ask a question, he answers and I don't hear what he says from another room, I go to where I can see him and ask again. Something I've always done. Only recently, he's been talking to me like I'm 3. Explaining things to me I don't need explained... I just can't get him to understand that I didn't go stupid, that I'm not a child, and that there's a reason I ask him to repeat himself! Much the same problem I have speaking to him while he's watching football. Ugh.
    matobe

Answer by matobe at 1:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I treat him like a child sometimes.. mostly because he acts like one! :-)
    I think your DH is sweet!
    Anonymous

• he is just really protective of you and the baby
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• That sounds like a man who cares, mine fusses at me for not eating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 2:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Lol @americansugar...I'm sorry to dissapoint you...no he doesnt do that...he DOES make me call before I leave the house and after I get home...but I guess that's still being over-protective
    Lucky209

Comment by Lucky209 (original poster) at 1:27 PM on Apr. 20, 2011