I need a new flat iron

My second CHI died on me this morning. I would like a new one that is not quite as expensive but just as good or better. Any suggestions?

McGillicuddy

Asked by McGillicuddy at 1:15 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I love my Ustyle. It is a straightner but CAN put a curl or flip in if you want. Bout 30-40$
    brypmom

Answer by brypmom at 1:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Check your local goodwill. My husband purchased two for me at 5 bucks each. Just check.
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 1:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Hi, I sell professional beauty supplies and have sold Chi products as well as others for almost 20 years. Your Chi has a 1 year warrenty on it,, I hope you purchased it at a salon. If it has been more than a year, don't buy another Chi iron,, they used to last forever, but I have 6 in my car to exchange right now,, they changed the place where they manufacture them and it has been a giant headache.. google INFRASHINE, I have had to return 1 iron in the past 3 years, plus they have a 2 year warranty on them!!! Save the box and the reciept, but I promise for the same price as a Chi,, it will last 4 ever! My stylists use irons 24/7 and they all rave about infrashine!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I have never found one worth it other than the Chi.
    Jeannie721

Answer by Jeannie721 at 1:24 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Ps you need one with solid ceramic plates,, the ceramic coated, will burn your hair over time,, hugs!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Will it say it's ceramic coated or ceramic plates?
    McGillicuddy

Comment by McGillicuddy (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• this is what i have and i love it http://www.aveyou.com/defabuloustitaniumplastedigitalflatironwithceramicheater.aspx I have very thick curly hair and it usually takes an hour but with this straightener it takes ten minutes !

ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Ceramic coated means paint over metal, not good for your hair if you flat iron alot. Ceramic Plates are ceramic all the way through, you can usually tell by the price of an iron ,,,,it costs much more to make solid ceramic, these are the irons I know of that have solid ceramic plates, also the solid ones usually come with a year warranty,, ,Do not buy a professional iron like a Chi at wal-mart, they have discoverd that they are now making fake irons, just like fake purses
    CHI
    FHI
    INFRASHINE
    BIO-ONIC IRONS
    HOT TOOLS TITANIUM--only 3 month warranty with that,, I am sure there are others, but a good way is to ask you hairstylist to order you one, and give you a bit of a discount,, having thick hair myself I know what an asset a good flat iron can be!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2011