So, what has The Great One said about the fires burning in Texas?

It seems he has something to say about everything except the million acres burning all over Texas. Our state is providing emergency assistance to farmers that have been affected. There are firefighters from 34 states fighting the fires that have burned in 252 of our 254 counties.

matthewscandi

Asked by matthewscandi at 1:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• The great one as in GOD or you mean our president?? It's a natural disaster. What's he suppose to say?? Your governor has to request help...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Wayne Greztky?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I haven't heard him say anything about them. Even with all the destruction from the storms in the Carolinas the white house is saying that the president has no plans to visit the area.....yet.

eye rolling

DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 1:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Not God, I am talking about Obama. It is not a natural disaster when it is caused by people. I am just saying he has something to say about everything except for things going on in a state that doesn't support him.
    matthewscandi

Comment by matthewscandi (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• He is working on his campaign, sheesh. Plus he has no hope of winning Texas, I doubt he cares.
    Anonymous

• It's a natural disaster. What's he suppose to say??

I agree with this.. BUT why did Bush get attacked about Katrina so bad when he did not react as expected? This is a pretty big deal.
    amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• As GWB said after Katrina, he can't just go in there and start doing anything. The governor has to ASK for help.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

I am sure he will make the trip as soon as he knows there are enough campaign donations there to make the trip worth his time.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• LMAO at the down vote. It's the TRUTH. I am not attacking George W. Bush, I'm sticking up for him. He COULDN'T just rush in and start doing things, the state has to ask for help.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Bush got REAMED for not saying something fast enough about Katrina, yet we have had problems with fires for 4 months and not even a "that sucks" from our fearful leader. No one is asking for help at this point we are taking care of our own (so far), it has caused WAY more property damage than Katrina did.
    matthewscandi

Comment by matthewscandi (original poster) at 1:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2011