Does anyone else agree with me about marriage?

Some women are so much happier in their marriage not because they married a better man, but because they are better able to accept certain things that other women would never put up with?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• My husband's ex wife of 25 years wouldn't put up with him being kind of quiet and hard working in his job. She had an affair and left him. I accept his quiet and not overly demonstrative qualities. He's not a highly romantic man but sweet and kind. So in a way - I put up with things she did not.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I cant speak for every other woman, but I am happily married, b/c I married a man who is loving, honest, generous & caring. He would never cheat on me, or intentionally harm our marriage, me or our children. No woman should settle for less. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I can't say I completely agree with that because my fiance doesn't go out and drink or party or leave me to hang with his friends. He doesn't play video games and is a hard working family man. If he isn't at work then he is at home helping with the kids or remodeling our house. So I don't have to "put up" with anything. The most I can complain about is that he doesn't help as much with housework as I'd like but hell, who doesn't have that problem. lol. So for me I would say it's because I have a good man and don't have to "put up" with his crap. He gives me no crap to put up with.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Of course... My friends tell me all the time that I put up with much more than they ever could. Thats why I am with him and they aren't lol. Choose your battles with anything and especially with a man lol.

amazinggrace83

Answer by amazinggrace83 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Some women are content with what they have and accept that their man will not change. Women like me can always find/see what our men can do better or more so that we can be as happy as they are all the time (or not feel so stressed).
    KoolMom617

Answer by KoolMom617 at 1:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Very well said! I bumped you!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:41 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Yep that would most definitely be me. I don't and wouldn't put up with much and thankfully I married a man who is okay with all of me just the way I am. I have the best of all worlds.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 1:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i can agree a little with that, cos my husband has done lots of things i wouldnt normally put up with but he is getting better now we got kids
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• well you could rephrase that into - some people accept what they cannot change and are therefore mentally more stable... and some of those people excercise that in their marriages too.... people go all different ways - i know a girl that fits your description to a key - she was born to a mom who was only 15 in 1980, raised by her mom and gma and only ever wanted to be a "good wife and mother" and have the storybook life.... she goes to the extreme - working full time but gets up at 5 in the morning to make them fresh baked good while her dh is totally mentally checked out... and the opposite of that is my sil who divorced over something rude her second dh said.. just to get back together with him for years now.... but honestly yes - you cannot really be happy if you cannot compromise - in marriage - at work- with family... etc.. you dont have to be a doormat but you do have to accept the fact that you cant always change
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I tell my husband all the time that I'm the only person who would put up with his crap and still stick around. LOL
    tangleballlover

Answer by tangleballlover at 1:56 PM on Apr. 20, 2011