I'm torn.

Me and my baby daddy have been broken up for a year and we still love each other. Every month it seems he tells me he loves me and he's miserable. He has changed a lot since we broke up and I do love him. I haven't really dated much since we broke up because I have been focusing on work, my son, and getting a house. I finally have a house and work and my son are doing great. My friend from HS moved back to town recently and we bumped into each other and he asked for my number. We have been talking and talking about old times. He told me last night that he thinks he's falling love with me. I haven't introduced him to my son or anything because I don't want my son around every Tom, Dick, and Harry I meet as my gram would say lol. I have feelngs for him as well but I have this strange feeling like I'm cheating on my ex or something. I have only been with him and I don't know if it's nerves or what. I can't help that I'm still sort of in love with my ex. Well it feels like I have love for him but I think I'm falling for this new guy. IDK what to do. My heart feels like it's being tugged in both directions. The new guy is great and he is responsible and very caring and sweet. My ex is funny and we have shared so many things together and I was with him since I was 16. HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• First off proud of you for putting you and your child first! Great job! If you and your ex still love each other then how come your not back together? Seems like you really need to have a heart to heart with him and find out where you stand with him.
    nightnurse11

Answer by nightnurse11 at 1:36 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Sounds like you are feeling a bit nostalgic for what could be instead of what actually is. It's not easy being a single mom, but it sounds like you are on the right track. You do not need a man to complete you. I would keep things slow & casual w/ the hs friend. You are right to not bring him around your son. As for the baby daddy- keep it about your child only. If it's been a year & he's saying he loves you, but is not taking any action, then he's not ready and/or he's just stringing you along. You and your child deserve better than that. Keep your head high & stay strong. You've accomplished a lot already- so dont let anyone spoil that for you. GL!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• it is hard when things like that happen, you should follow and trust your heart, try telling this new guy that you have a son and see what happens and maybe set up a date where they can meet, you are not cheating on your ex and apart of you will always love him cos he is the father to your son, do what you think is best for you and your son
    angelbaby1323

Answer by angelbaby1323 at 1:38 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• There is a reason that you aren't with your ex. There's been something stopping you two from making it official and trying to work it out again. If you have been with your ex since you were 16'p, I say go have some fun with this other guy. I would let your ex know, so that if it doesnt work out, and you want to try working it out with your ex,there is no secerets. You aren't together any more...
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:40 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• yikes what a tough situation!! Good luck!
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• IMO..i sounds like you and your ex are doing good cause your not together (i could be wrong) and this new guy came in the picture for a reason. Me and my ex are friends, it's like it should have been from the beginning cause we get along better, but who knows, if yall been together since 16 he may be your soul mate
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 3:22 PM on Apr. 20, 2011