I was 5 weeks pregnant when i lost the baby..?what will happen if i dont go have a d&c done?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I believe D&Cs are only necessary when you're much further along in the pregnancy.
    lebrbria

Answer by lebrbria at 5:09 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• i dont think you will need a d/c unless your doctor wants you to. typically that early everything passes on its own but you do wana make sure you see your dr so he can do a u/s to make sure it all passed on its own. sorry about your loss.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Your body will naturally cleanse itself. A D&C is only when you were wayyy pregnant. Your next period will probably be very heavy and clotty (TMI, but its true). And your best bet will be to use maxi pads and not tampons, to help everything out. And you MIGHT see what was the sac that the fetus was forming in (again, TMI, I know, sorry!!). I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope things go well for you.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 5:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I miscarried at 8 weeks - they did an ultrasound to see if anything was still in me, there was nothing, so they sent me home - no D&C
    Anonymous

• i myself lost my 1st baby at around the same exact time as you... my ob at the time told me about d&c...i didn't have to but sounded heck of a lot cleaner to deal with.. ob told me if i let it flush out on its own it will be messy and cramps and etc... i didn't want to deal with that crap after trying to cope with the loss so decided i'd do the d&c... your not awake during the procedure and is done pretty quick. talk to your ob about your options
    jyi0621

Answer by jyi0621 at 5:18 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I had a D&C done when I miscarried at six weeks. Ususally your body cleans itself out, but be aware it doesn't always. And if parts of the placenta are still there it can interfere with future conception. In my case though, I am at risk for bleeding out. A natural miscarriage could've resulted in me dying.So we decided not to risk it. For most women it's like a really heavy period. Be rechecked to ensure everything came out ok.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I miscarried at about the same time and the doctor didn't even want to see me! I guess everything was fine. I got pregnant again a month later and am now 23 weeks along.
    winkie_pinkie

Answer by winkie_pinkie at 6:49 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• You only need a D&C if there is retained tissue.. at any stage up until 10 weeks, at least. Sorry for your loss.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:29 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I was ten weeks along but my baby stopped developing at 6.5 weeks. If you don't get a D&C you are at risk of infection or retained product. If you plan on doing it at home monitor your temperature as if it's over 38 you may have an infection, if you bleed through more then one pad an hour GO TO THE HOSPITAL IMMEDIATELY. I'm sorry for you loss, I just lost my baby on April 15th, if you need someone to talk to, I'm here.
    Soon2Be8489

Answer by Soon2Be8489 at 12:26 PM on May. 26, 2009