When your baby eats, do you let him/her go at it, or are you dainty and clean?

My daughter is three now and feeds herself but when she was a baby I couldn't STAND her having food on her face. I am pretty sure I am a little OCD but I wouldn't even let other people feed her because I was so particular about her getting messy! LOL If she made a little mess out of her mouth, I would use the spoon to scoop it back up and into her mouth on the next bite! I would always have a towel close so I could wipe her allll clean as soon as we were done! :-)

What about you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• As long as our son wasn't throwing his food or purposefully making a mess of it we let him feed himself. It's how they learn and eventually get better with the hand (fork, spoon) to mouth coordination. At almost 2, the only food he really makes a mess with is spaghetti now :)
    amygoetsch

Answer by amygoetsch at 1:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I let them go at it cause I can always wipe them down afterward. NO sense in wasting time cleaning in between in-takes when I can just do it when they're finished. But for myself I definitely wipe in between. I do it when I cook too. lol I don't know why.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:39 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Go out it, that's how they learn!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Depends, if we are in an Italian restaurant, I'll feed my dd (19 months) otherwise I let both kids at it.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 1:44 PM on Apr. 20, 2011