Are your kids still in car seats?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:10 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• oregon law says children must be a car seat or booster seat till 8 yrs old or 80lbs. My son is 7 and he still sits in a booster seat he doesnt meat the weight limit or age limit yet. i think everyone state law may be different though.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 5:12 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My 8 year old is not anymore, but my 6 year old is still in a booster, my 2.5 year old is in a front facing car seat.
    rennisance

Answer by rennisance at 5:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My van has built in booster/car seats. My daughter put herself back in a booster seat when she found out about the dangers. She didn't hit 60 lbs until she was almost 9.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 5:15 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My SS is very tall, so we had to take him out of his booster. Fortunately, he met the age requirements for our state. However, his mom's car has really deep bucket seats so if he raises the seatbelt as far as it can go, he can still sit in a booster and he does. Here the regulations are children between the ages of 4-6 have to be in a booster, unless they are at least 55 inches tall. Yeah, that is 4ft 7. Under 40 pounds needs to be in a car seat, regardless of age. We live in Colorado.
    Anonymous

• My son is 6 and is happily in a car seat.

momtoonecuteboy

Answer by momtoonecuteboy at 6:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My son just turned 5, is 4'1" and 71 pounds. He is still in a booster seat as 80 lbs is the upper limit. I will keep him in one as long as he fits safely. We are in California.
    Anonymous

• Yep you betcha. They recommend 4 foot 9 inches or something like that, and as long as my daughter can sit it her booster comfortably she WILL be in it. It actually helps her to sit up hi enough to see out the window...AND keeps her safe!
    Maddiesmommy123

Answer by Maddiesmommy123 at 8:07 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Mine DD8 is still in a booster because she is small, but legally she doesn't have to be because she's 8. DH doesn't make her if she's in the back seat, but I would send the booster on the school bus if I could!
    sadfairytale

Answer by sadfairytale at 10:30 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• My daughter is 6 and yes she is still in a car seat. I think it goes by their weight. She's 45 pounds so I'll keep her there for a bit longer.
    Lu62

Answer by Lu62 at 10:38 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• Yes, she is always in her booster seat she is five!
    Skippytrini

Answer by Skippytrini at 9:03 AM on Dec. 3, 2008