Lawyer and he payed $1,136.00 dollar check. that much for some little paperwork or more that that?

I find just two small pages this morning and he paid that much money for two small pages. Is that right or did he do more than that? How much is a divorce nowadays since I have no money since he watchs everything so will have to borrow from parents.

momindiana

Asked by momindiana at 1:46 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Relationships

• WOW! I pay 36 bucks a month for my lawyer. I tried doing a court appointed once and it didn't work out. He was under paid and had no interest really is working for my benefit. We could talk and I can help you find one, you can even get a little extra money with this if you like. Send me a message and let me know what you think about a no obligation lawyer?
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 1:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Most charge about $200/hrly- but have flat rates for things like Dissolution/Divorce, Wills, etc. With court costs, filing fees, preparation of documents and a court appearance- that sounds about right. I know that's a lot, but lawyers are a necessary evil in our society.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:55 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• i have no idea sorry
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:37 PM on Apr. 20, 2011