Easter egg MESS. Can it be avoided?

I want to decorate eggs with my kids but they are 3 and 6 with developmental delays so dye would be all over their hands, face, clothes... anyway. Is there like dye markers? Can you use crayons do you think? What if we just use stickers? Does that count? lol. Is there a mess free Easter option?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 1:47 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Holidays

• The mess is the best part :) I vote to let them get messy and have fun! Put down some newspaper and try to contain it to a small area. Stickers are great, crayons work too....but dying them can't be substituted, lol.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You can do whatever you want! Put stickers on plastic eggs.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:49 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• sadly I am hesitant for the same reason.. its less mess but STAINS.. ugh..I say go for it with the stickers
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:50 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Stickers are great! Crayons don't work well because kids tend to push to hard and crack the eggs. Googly eyes, puff balls and pipe cleaners all make fun accessories too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:54 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Usually I put newspaper down in the area where we will by dying the eggs. There's usually an egg dipper that comes in the box of dye that you get, but I have to help DD do hers because she drops the eggs either on the floor or in the dye and splashes it everywhere! LOL. No big deal though.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Put lots of newspaper down, put a big old t-shirt on the kids, put them in the kitchen where clean ups will be easier. You definitely could use stickers. I think they also make the eggs that have the plastic sleevees on them that you would have to put into boiling water, but that would not be much fun for the kids..
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 20, 2011