My fiance and i want to know the sex of the baby before we get married on may 21st. My next ultrasound is on may 3rd, and I'll be a day away from being 17 weeks. Is that too early to tell the sex of the baby? This is also our first. Our next ultra sound is on may 23rd. 2 days after the wedding. lol

kb81888

Asked by kb81888 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I found out at 18 weeks
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I'd just be patient. Some people get lucky and some don't. I'm surprised you're getting 2 in the same month.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 1:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• They should be able to tell the gender at that point as long as the baby cooperates and they have decent equipment. Maybe see if you can move the next ultrasound up to the 19th or 20th?
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 1:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• See if you can change your appt to the 20th? Yes you are lucky to have two in the same month :)
    yesmaam

Answer by yesmaam at 1:59 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• First of all why so many ultrasounds? Hope everything is ok. Second of all if the appt is 2 days post wedding call the dr and explain and see if you can get it moved to the day or 2 before. Some drs understand. 17 wks isnt too early necessarily but dont be upset if you can't tell yet. Good luck!!
    alligurl186

Answer by alligurl186 at 2:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• You should be able to as long as the baby cooperates. I found out my son was a boy at 14weeks.

jen282

Answer by jen282 at 2:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I am having my gender ultrasound at 17 weeks, on May 4th! (We're due within days of each other!).
    Anonymous

• Mine was a level 2 ultrasound at that far along, but they knew and were sure. Of course, the position of the baby always counts. Many people recommend a little apple juice to give the baby energy, but not too much so they won't let the tech see. Good luck!
    Tracys2

Answer by Tracys2 at 2:06 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• u can buy the intelligender test at drug stores i hear the results tell you at 10 weeks and they've been on point
    msdouglas421

Answer by msdouglas421 at 2:18 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Well the 23rd is the actual gender ultrasound, they are bringing in a tech with a more high tech ultrasound. The 3rd is just the check up and ultrasound with the not so high tech one. They also have been keeping a closer look with me because I was pregnant with twins, but one suffered from vanishing twin syndrome early on in my pregnancy. It was really devastating, but everything looks great with the remaining baby. the doctors told me the baby looked "beautiful!" Im 15 weeks today and feel like i'm getting huge!
    kb81888

Comment by kb81888 (original poster) at 2:42 PM on Apr. 20, 2011