What age should kids not need pull ups at nap or bed time?

My almost three year old has been potty trained for over a year, she very rarely has accidents, but wakes up from EVERY nap and EVERY morning with a wet pull up (even if it is just a little, its daily). We tried not letting her have anything to drink for a few hours before hand, etc. and it doesn't work..

When does this stop???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:58 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• There is NO age on night-time or nap-time wetting. Some will do it for years! Don't discourage her or push her. It's not anything that she can control. My 5 year old daughter still wets at bedtime....every single night.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• It could take years. It could take until they hit puberty. Some kids bladders develop slowly. Everyone is different.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• For a few kids not until their early teens. Night time wetting is a very common childhood thing. It tends to run in families. Usually the children are heavy sleepers. It has nothing to do with ho much they had to drink. It's about training the brain to wake up the sensation of a full bladder. My DS was almost 6 before he work up dry consistently.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• There is no set age. I have a six year old who still wears 'night pants'. He is the soundest sleeper I've ever seen so I don't think he knows when he has to pee. Pediatrician assured me that it could take a few more years before he is able to recognize that when hes sleeping.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:02 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• my daughter is 4 and has been potty trained for 2 yrs but i have to put a pull up on her at night due to her peein ive asked my doctor about it and he advised me not to let her drink anything at least 3 hrs befor she goes to sleep but i feel thats hard cause if shes thirsty i have to give her a drink but i beleave she will just take alittle more time then other kids but shell get the hang of it and i always make her use the bathroom befor she goes to sleep even if she falls asleep i wake her up to use the bathroom to
    jujusmommy123

Answer by jujusmommy123 at 2:05 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I am not sure... with my daughter she was potty trained at 2 1/2 and never had any accidents...

my son however will go to the potty by himself throughout the day but almost always wakes up witha wet diaper... and occasionally when we go on long trips....

2lilbumblebees

Answer by 2lilbumblebees at 2:00 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I don't want to scare you, but my son was 14.
    Anonymous

• I don't know how DD does it, but she's been out of pull ups since September. She's not had once accident since then except for maybe 3 times when she first started Headstart. She wakes herself up at night to go potty. I'm surprised because I wet the bed until I was 8 I think. I had bladder control issues so I had to take meds for it.
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 2:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I don't push her, discourage her or anything like that! She is just my first and I didn't know! :-)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:04 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I didn't mean it to sound like I was assuming you were discouraging or pushing...I was just sayin', lol :)
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2011