Lyrica?

I went to my doctor today and he wants me to try Lyrica. I went to my pharmacy and it is about 75 dollars a month! OK, so if you are taking it, (for fibromyalgia pain) does it work? I am posting anon. I don't like to share my health info.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:13 PM on Dec. 2, 2008 in Health

• Mu sil is taking it for fibromyalgia and she says it helps her. My hubby's doc gave it to him for nerve pain and it helped him but his insurance won't pay for it. It is very expensive.
    morningglory1

Answer by morningglory1 at 5:19 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• I'm on it and it has been a godsend. I can't even have a coctail though. I tried ONE one night, what a mistake that was. So I don't drink and it really does help me.
    Anonymous

• I have been suffering from leg pain for the past year. The neurologist I was referred to gave me Lyrica and it did nothing for me. It was like taking a placebo. He switched me to Lamictal today.

I did get a free 7 day trial for Lyrica so you may ask your dr for the same...within a week you would know if it was worth the $$. Good luck!
    sariejack

Answer by sariejack at 7:53 PM on Dec. 2, 2008

• It's WONDERFUL for fibromyalgia... hopefully the price will come down. I took it a few years ago for nerve trauma/damage and then last year when I broke my back.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 10:28 PM on Dec. 2, 2008