How do you clean your kid(s) mattresses? (If they still wet the bed at night)

My oldest is 4 and I usually wake her up to pee in the middle of the night so she doesn't wet the bed but sometimes she still does. I have a water proof cover on her mattress but sometimes I don't get it washed in time to be put back on before bed time.

So how do you clean or what do you use to clean a mattress that's been peed on? Thanks!!

L0vingMy3Girls

Asked by L0vingMy3Girls at 2:07 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I spray it with Mr. Clean. Then I wet a washcloth and scrub it. I leave the sheet off until it dries.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:09 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• baking powder takes out the smell....i pour alot on the spot and let it sit for an hr and then vacuum it up and then pour a tiny bit more with warm watered washcloth and scrub and let dry
    ilovemyboys84

Answer by ilovemyboys84 at 2:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• If the waterproof cover isn't washed in time, put a couple of towels under the sheet.
    kitkabob

Answer by kitkabob at 2:11 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I took a wash cloth with a solution of Mr. Clean and water and wiped it down, then towel dried.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 2:12 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I use the plastic waterproof covers that only need to wiped down with a disinfectant and then they are ready to go- no running a laundry just for them. And I have a couple mattress pads that I alternate as they need to be washed, that go on top of the waterproof cover to keep the plastic away from the baby.

Answer by Bmat at 2:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Buy a second water proof mattress cover..they are about $7.00 and then you won't have to clean the mattress at all...definitely worth the price.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I use plastic covers too because I don't you can fully clean a mattress after pee soaks in.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I have a clear, waterproof plastic mattress cover under the softer waterproof cover that feels better. And I bought a second soft waterproof cover, so there's no rush to do laundry.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:17 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• When my son was not potty trained yet, I had a liner on his bed so the mattress never got peed on.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:31 PM on Apr. 20, 2011