Do all women tear when they go natural?:/

Btw I'm 18 and having my first baby, I'm scared but happy:)

britanyj

Asked by britanyj at 2:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No, not all do. I tore with my first, but did not with my 2nd two.
    Renee3K

Answer by Renee3K at 2:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Going natural can actually help prevent tearing! When you can feel how productive your pushing is, you can determine how well your stretching in the process. If you aren't stretching and feel more pulling in the area, you can choose to slow down on pushing and allow your perinium to stretch a little more. I went natural with both of my boys, and with my second, I didn't have a single tear.
    MichaelsMom330

Answer by MichaelsMom330 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Nope. Give the ol' lady boat a good rubbin with olive oil every night. That'll help limber her up.
    SleepyCupcake

Answer by SleepyCupcake at 2:20 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• No, try to relax & stay positive you will do great! the female body is an amzing thing! : )
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• I went natural too but I did tear with both my kids, and with my 2nd I actually had a clitoral tear but they both healed quickly and with very little pain.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 2:21 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• *amazing
    sarasmommy777

• One of my goodfriends went natural and she didn't tear.
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• ha thanks girls. That helps cause I've been getting grossed out just by thinking about it :o
    britanyj

Comment by britanyj (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• No they don't. You can do a perineum massage while you're pregnant to help, using lube or olive oil. That will help stretch the perineum (the skin between the vaginal and anal openings). You can google how to do that, and it's also in the What to Expect When You're Expecting book and I think Ina May's Guide to Childbirth (she's a midwife). I did the massage, but we waited a long time before starting (DH helped me), and I tore a little. I had like 5 stitches, but it wasn't nearly as painful as I thought it would be. The baby's head numbs you down there as it's moving down the birth canal, so if you feel anything, you'll hardly feel it. Mine took about 6 weeks to totally heal and it was more of an annoyance than painful. I went natural (vaginal, no drugs), and I didn't take anything for the pain after the first day (when I was cramping the most, in the hospital). You'll be fine hun :) ((Hugs))
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 4:48 PM on Apr. 20, 2011

• Great question!! and Great answers as well, really good advice.. Thank You! Thank You!!!
    jayme009

Answer by jayme009 at 5:16 PM on Apr. 20, 2011